The Upside of Digital Devices
Winner of the National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval
Nicole Dreiske’s book introduces parents and teachers to the Screen Smart® approach, helping you:
- Understand how screens affect children’s minds and behaviors, so you can help them make better screens choices
- Cultivate healthy screen habits in ways that are fun and appealing to kids
- Hold meaningful talks with children about screen time
- Engage digital devices mindfully and share Screen Smart skills with others.
- Boost virtual learning outcomes while school is online!
Praise for The Upside Of Digital Devices
“The Upside of Digital Devices is a good, easy, and quick read with the premise that it is not beneficial to just limit the amount of screen time. Instead, we need to educate ourselves with information and knowledge to better enable us to teach our children to be “screen smart.”
– The National Parenting Center
“Nicole is the world’s leading expert on how kids can and should interact with media and screens so that they bring their higher-order thinking to bear. For every adult who’s wondered how to talk with children about digital devices, this is the book that can change the parenting and teaching paradigms around screens.”
– Salim Ismail, Founding CEO of Singularity University, Chair of ExO Works, Best-Selling Author of Exponential Organizations, and former Vice President of Yahoo!
The Upside of Digital Devices was released in May 2018 by HCI Books, publishers of the acclaimed “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series, and is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle versions.